There is so many differing opinions on what needs to go in your hospital bag for labour and most of them are pretty spot on with whats needed but there are also some out there that include items that will NEVER leave the bag. So read on for a realistic hospital bag checklist you'll want to keep even after your second, third or fourth baby. Thats just how good it is!
- Toiletries. Don't forget extra contacts or glasses if you wear them.
- Chapstick. You can thank us later.
- Make up (Optional)
- Nipple cream.
- Maternity pads and breast pads.
- Socks or Slippers. Hospital floors are COLD.
- A water bottle. Seems obvious but easily forgotten.
- Bathing suit if a water birth is in your birth plan.
- Dark EVERYTHING. Clothes, underwear, pants and pyjamas. Labor (and newborns) are messy.
- A robe. The comfiest of cover ups.
- A going home outfit for you and baby. We'd recommend bringing two sizes for baby, just n case he/she is a little smaller/bigger than planned.
- Your phone and charger. Grab an extra long charger for your phone in case the outlets are far from your bed.
- Snacks. Some women eat in labour, some don't. But just in case you do, pack some.
- A change of clothes for Dad.
- Portable speaker and playlist.
- Announcement plaque or milestone cards
- Pacifiers (Optional)
- Swaddle & Wrap
- Car seat installed
Some people leave packing until the very last weeks but it's better to be prepared so as soon as you can pack that bag and put it away until it's GO TIME!
Image credit: The Mom Edit